Terms and Conditions
- The property known as Le Moulin de Salazar (the Property) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by P.J. Palmer (the Owner) to the renter (the Client).
- To reserve the property, the Client should complete the online reservation form paying the initial non-refundable deposit (35% of the total rent due), plus any addons. Following receipt of the online booking and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation email. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent together with any balances regarding the addons is payable not less than six weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within the six weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking as do any last minute reservations.
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of the amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability, etc, since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed the number as stated in the owner’s literature, unless the Owner has given written permission.
- The rent charged for each property includes the cost of all utilities (gas, electricity and water) at a standard rate. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The client also agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property. Nor in respect of any equipment, plant or machinery or appliance in the Property or garden, for any loss or damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner. Nor for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client, if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
- The Owner shall not be liable for accident or injury however sustained on the premises or gardens or pool areas by the Client or members of their party or guests.
- Children and non-swimmers using the pool area must be supervised at all times.
- There is a no smoking policy in all properties and internal communal areas.
This contract shall be governed by English and French law in every particular including formulation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England or France.
We Think We're Great! But Don't Just Take Our Word For It
Our favourite holiday paradise
This was our 7th visit in 9 years and we absolutely love staying at Salazar. Set in acres of well kept, lovely grounds where you can fish, walk or watch an amazing variety of wildlife such as kingfishers, red squirrels, deer, white egrets etc, the lovely water mill is divided into 4 spacious apartme...
It’s our 3rd visit and it’s coming home. We are relaxed sitting either by the pool or looking over the river watching the wildlife and nature drift by. Paulette never changes and makes this home from home. Fab country side and eatery’s.
A beautiful retreat
This is an extremely beautiful place to stay. It's an old watermill, with gorgeous surrounding gardens, fields and water, where time really does stand still. The apartments are spacious and comfortable, allowing it to be a place where you can really relax. The host, Paulette, is superb. She looks af...
A stunning rural retreat in a beautiful and peaceful location
A stunning rural retreat in a beautiful and peaceful location. Stayed for 3 nights in May (wish it had been longer!) and relaxed as soon as we arrived! The accommodation is very spacious, clean and comfortable and has everything you need (and more!) for your stay. Amazing views from every window. Th...